University of Alabama

Hillel Student Organization

A message from Lisa Raymon Besnoy, Executive Director

Dear Friends, 

I hope each of you is doing well and staying both mentally and physically healthy during these trying times. I know you have all received a lot of information from various sources, but I wanted to let you know how we are working through changes that are taking place on campus.  

Even while off campus, we will be there for our students and provide programming that ensures they will continue to have a Jewish home at UA. 

Bama Hillel will continue to act in accordance with The University’s Covid19 policies and procedures – acting in the best interests of the health and safety of our campus.  As you may know, all remaining classes this semester will be taught remotely and Bama Hillel’s physical building will remain closed in accordance with campus policy. While we will miss spending Passover with our students, we hope to continue to be a valuable resource.  Students my request a copy of our Bama Hillel Family Haggadah by contacting me at Lisa.BamaHillel@gmail.com.  If students are without a place for Seder, you are welcome to Zoom into my family Passover Seder on April 8that 5:30 Central Standard Time.

Seniors check your email! While the way the semester has ended is not ideal, we want you to know how special you are and how much we are going to miss you. You are the heartbeat of Bama Hillel. Whether you have been involved for all 4 years of your college career, or just recently found us, you are part of our Bama Hillel family.  We are asking seniors to complete the Senior Survey so we can send out Hillel honor cords and graduation gifts.

If there is anything you need, feel free to reach to me at Lisa.BamaHillel@gmail.com or (205) 523-4646.  

Lisa